At J Lewis Therapy we specialize in the treatment of eating disorders, body image struggles, body dysmorphia, and disordered eating. Eating disorders can be difficult to catch, diagnose, and then truly understand.
What does Consulting for an eating disorder look like?
If you have made it here, you likely have a loved one, friend, coworker, etc. struggling with an eating disorder. Having been in this field for over 15 years, I know firsthand the demands and the toll that it takes on needing to support someone who is struggling. It is an all-consuming, all-encompassing experience.
As an expert in this field, I am here to help support you on this journey. I will help set expectations, help you with an outpatient team and make the best recommendations for higher levels of care. We always want the first time a loved one goes to treatment to be the last, but unfortunately, it often takes a few tries. I am here, to help tease out the best fits, what has worked in the past, what hasn’t, and how you as the support can also feel cared for in this very exhausting scary time.
What Kind Of Services Do You Provide As A Consultant?
- Finding and connecting families with the appropriate outpatient team or higher level of care. Looking at finances, location, treatment philosophy etc.
- Research and follow up with recommendations provided to you, to assess if they are the best fit for your loved ones eating disorder.
- Assisting with after care planning, recommendations for step down, and best next steps to ensure your loved one is set up for transitioning to each level of care and then home properly.
- Ensuring that you are getting accurate and correct information
- Help with questions to ask at treatment centers and to providers
- How long will my loved one be here?
- What does this look like?
- How can we support once they step down?
- What is my role?
- What should we expect?
- Plan for step down and most successful outcomes
- PHP, IOP, outpatient
- Creating an outpatient team
- Discussing Costs, insurance, private pay, and co pays